Thursday, November 26, 2009

san fran.

On November 10th, 5 of us girls from Weber State left on a road trip to San Francisco. We went to an NCFR conference. NCFR stands for National Council on Family Relations. We had so much fun during this drive...all 12 hours of it! Here are just a few of the things that we did:

We stopped at the giant cement tree and took pictures. We even pretended that we were in a boat out in the desert.


This is the whole group of us from Weber State. We went into downtown San Fran one night while we were there.

Amy, me, Tiffany and Heidi

Joyce was so excited to go to China Town!

Amy riding on the trolley car.

Heidi and Kate.

Fishermans wharf....(sorry that their faces are blurry...the sign is coming in clear though)
me and Heidi.

This is were we ate down at the wharf. It was really good!
They even make their delicous bread into fun animals!
Ghirardelli Square.

Amy and Heidi...it took three pictures for Amy to make a normal face!
Joyce and Tiffany.

Dr. Merrill, Scott, Joyce, and Rick. (Scott and his harem of sugar mommas! Rick was jealous)
Heidi and Amy at Natural Bridges in Santa Cruz! We went there on our last day to visit my sister Brook. I took them to see the wonderful and amazing tide pools!

While we were walking on the beach in 60 degree weather watching the sunset, everyone in N. Utah was enjoying a snowstorm. We really didn't want to come home.
These little birds were so cute. Every time the water would come in they would scurry their little legs so they didn't get wet. Fast little suckers.

Overall, this was such a good break from school and homework! I really enjoyed learning at this conference too! We learned a lot of really good research that is going on with families and other good information too! This conference made me really excited for grad school. I am definitely looking for a good school to go to and have not yet decided. I do want to do something with counseling youth, but as to what type of graduate program I want to pursue is still a mystery to me. Lots of decision making in my near future....oh boy!

No comments: