Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Strengthening Each Other
by President Gordon B. Hinckley Ensign Feb 1985 (points of emphasis)
1. It is important to know that each of us gets discouraged on occasion.
2. Each of us should cultivate a sensitivity toward the feelings of others and, when encouragement is needed, make an effort to extend it.
3. We shouldn't waste our time feeling sorry for ourselves.
4. We should try handing out compliments and building up others.
5. The Lord refined and polished each of the Presidents of the Church, letting each one know discouragement and failure and experience illness and sorrow. This great refining process, so evident in our lives, is a part of each of our lives.
another one from President Gordon B. Hinckley (source unknown)
"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop; most beef is tough; most children grow up to be just people; most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual tolerance; most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail-journey...delays...sidetracks...smoke...dust...cinder...and jolts interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
The Atonement: All for All
by Elder Bruce C. Hafen
"...So if you have problems in your life, don't assume there is something wrong with you. Struggling with those problems is at the very core of life's purpose. As we draw close to God, he will show us our weaknesses and through them make us wiser, stronger. If you're seeing more of your weaknesses, that just might mean you're moving nearer to God, not farther away."
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Rexburg Temple. (We went to a session on Saturday.)
Dayna. (We were companions for 6 months!)
Me and Katelyn. (Dayna and I taught Katelyn and her family in our last area on the mission.)
Last stop was to visit another one of my college roommates, Heather, and her adorable baby boy Isaac.
Thanks Brandon for this picture of your cute baby boy. Isaac is 2 months old.
Overall it was a really fun weekend. Thanks Vicki and Michael, Dayna and her roommates, and Heather!