Friday, March 27, 2009

Graduation...should I or shouldn't I?

So I have this dilemma. Do I keep going on the path that is outlined for me in my major...or deviate and graduate early? I am currently a Family Studies major and there are 4 main blocks. Really only three, but you have to take the prereqs the first block making it four. This semester I altered by block just a bit to be a TA for one of my favorite teachers. Which left me with taking a class this summer to get back on track. Oh and I decided to take a class this semester that I should have taken in the 3rd block...I'm on the 2nd block of classes currently. I have actually found out that there is a chance for me to graduate this December, instead of in May. If I take three online classes this summer, that will only leave me with five classes left. And it is possible to take them all this fall...with a little talking to one of my professors that is. There are two classes that overlap, but one is only on Mondays and you are rarely in the classroom...so we'll see how my professor takes my idea when I talk to her on Monday.

This picture is of me and Em when I graduated from Utah State in 2006.
Pros:
Graduating a semester early.
Being able to find a job sooner.
Being done with school! (for now)
Cons:
Looking for a "real" job.
Going to summer school.
Having a really hard semester this Fall.

No comments: