Wednesday, March 11, 2009

10 reasons why I can't wait for Summer to be here...

It is Spring Break and what am I doing? Nothing. I get up every morning and paint and then get ready for work, then I go to work, and then come home and read/watch t.v./hang out with the parentals/play on the internet...and now I'm bored. So I decided to think of things that I can't wait to do. Bad idea. Now I'm getting really sick of winter. Here are some of my favorite things to do in the Summer. (in no particular order)


1. Reading outside. I love reading and being outside, so why not mix the two. I just take my favorite blanket and bask in the sun with a good book.
2. Green! I love when everything is pretty and green. Especially great for taking pictures.
3. This summer I will have my very first nephew living with our family. I can't wait to have Gilead Larsen Petty as the newest addition to my family! (Actual picture of him...look at those chubby cheeks!)
4. Wake Boarding!!! Need I say more. (yes, that's me)
5. 4-wheeling up the creek. My family has property up in the wasatch mountains that I love 4-wheeling up to.
6. The warm weather! Ok I only like it when it is warm....I can't stand the heat! 75 degree weather is the best!

7. Hiking! I really want to go hiking down in Zions or Moab this summer. I went on a few trails up Cottonwood Canyon last summer and loved them.
8. I really want to run a 5K. Which is a big thing, because I hate running. I want to enjoy it, but can never get into it.
9. Camping. I miss the good ol' days of college in Logan, where we went camping every Friday night and then I'd get up early on Saturday to drive back down the canyon and go to work...I don't sissy camp either. I prefer to sleep out under the stars, but if it's needed a tent will do. I've even slept outside in a rainstorm.
10. I can't wait for when it's Summer and I'm wishing that Winter would come. I love the thought of Winter and all the fun things to do, just not when it really is Winter and it won't go away. Like right now when I'm wishing it was Summer already!

Any other ideas? Let me know.

2 comments:

Devany said...

i'm so with you on this! I made a similar list a few weeks ago on a particularly sunny day. It's on my facebook. I thought up 25 reasons but mine weren't cool enough to all have pictures.

Levi Dean said...

When you go to Zions give me a shout. I'm in St. George at least once a month. I'll totally come.