Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hike 1: Indian Trail.

I have decided that I am going to do something fun and productive on my day off...which is Friday. My co-worker (Jody) and I have decided to go on a hike every Friday. Jody chose the Indian trail up Ogden Canyon for this weeks (actually last week) hike. Definitely would not have been my choice of a first hike, but Jody has gone on many hikes this summer so this is what I had to suffer. I actually enjoyed it though, and very beautiful view!
THE INDIAN TRAIL
Winding along the mountainside above the Ogden River, this high country trail rises 1,000 feet in its 4.2 mile length. Indian Trail is so named because the western segment follows an earlier path blazed by Native Americans who wanted to avoid the narrow mouth of Ogden Canyon when the river was high.
THE END!
(ok, this wasn't really the end of the hike...just my blog post.)
Stay tuned for Hike 2: Skull Crack Trail.

No comments: