Thursday, December 4, 2008

The adventures of bambi.

On Wednesday morning when I went outside I saw a sight that was very unusual. There was a little deer stuck in the fence between my house and my aunts. Of course when I went near, the poor little thing started freaking out and trying to get away...but it was definitely stuck. I didn't take a picture of it before I helped it, mostly because my first reaction was to save it not to document it. Here are some pictures of the poor little deer.



This is right after I figured out how to get it's leg out of the fence.



This is the part of the fence where its leg was caught. Its leg was over the top part and under the vertical part of the fence...so kind of weaved through the fence. You can see the blood on the fence from the deer.




And this is the blood of the little deer on my hand....gross!


I don't know if you can see this one very well, but this is to show how high the fence is that the little deer was jumping over and got caught in.



This is the little deer after a few minutes. It even let me pet it...obviously still in shock.




The sad part is that when I came back out a few minutes later it tried to run away and because its leg was obviously hurt it kept falling. I called my uncle to see if he could do something with the little deer because it was now stuck in the field and I needed to get to class. He couldn't find it so I have no idea if it found its way out or even if the leg was broken. Hopefully the little guy is ok.

1 comment:

Powell Family said...

Thats so sad. Poor little deer.