Saturday, September 13, 2008

Conservation Day!

My mom's work held a Holcim Conservation Day at the park today. She volunteered me to take pictures. I am glad that today was such a nice day to be outside at the park. Here are a few pictures of the festivities.

I had to put this picture up... this is my cousin Kasey and his little girl Kalystah. I hadn't seen her since right before my mission. She is so cute!



This is the point of Conservation Day.



My mom's boss Keith and his adorable little boy.


Any excuse I could make to get on the little kids toys...



The Different Activities...


Jumping Castle and Slide.



Doug wanted to try out the slide. (even big kids can have fun)


Digging to find golden coins...winners won a free Disney movie.


Look at all the little kiddies watching the magician.


Cotton Candy to give the kiddies sugar rushes.


The wonderful cooks who provided us with food.


3 different age groups designed posters about conservation to win a brand new shiny bicycle.


There were many different prizes given to the adults too. Things like...water heater insulators, cleaning supplies, even 2 bicycles, and the grand prize of a GPS!


All the employees of Holcim that attended receive a green bag full of wonderful things...magnet, key chain, mouse pad, energy efficient light bulbs, tire gauge,
baseball, flashlight that lasts for eternity...a book on how to prevent global warming, and I'm sure there were other things I've forgotten...




No comments: