Thursday, May 29, 2008

Up the creek...


Yes I am pronouncing it "crick". Get over it.




So today was one of those days you wish you could just run away for a while...so I did. At 7:30 p.m. I hopped on the 4-wheeler and headed up to the trailers to just take pictures and get away. Nothing like driving really fast around lots of curves and a very bumpy dirt road! Here are a few of the pictures along the way...





The Stop. Look. Listen. sign was put up because of the many accidents caused from going way too fast around the corners and not paying attention. This is the first locked gate...which keeps lots of unnecessary traffic out.

The second and last locked gate is just around the corner on the left...now the road will start to get rocky...up until now you can just drive an ordinary car on the dirt road...the owners of the property through the gate on the right keep the road up.



I have missed coming up here and enjoying the beautiful scenery. This is why I tell people that the Wasatch Mountains are basically my backyard.

Only a few more miles to go... The trailers are probably about 5 miles up Line Creek Rd.


This is looking back towards Morgan...I definitely love being surrounded by mountains.

Yes there is still snow up here...and it's still cold.



There has to be a self portrait...just to prove that I was there.

The site of where the trailers used to be...They would set up camp for hunting season. From what I've heard it was a huge pain when they decided to move the trailers a couple more miles further into the mountains...but I like them better nestled in the mountains closer to the creek and definitely closer to the hunting spots.

Another shot of Morgan...if you look closely you'll see the "M" on the mountain.

When we could see the roof over the trailers we would get so excited...nothing but downhill left.


Every summer we would come and spend a few days hiking and just having fun together. This is where we would hike to..."gang bang" is the place the hunters would all be able to look down and gang up on all the deer/elk. My favorite memory of "gang bang" is hiking up with my family and getting to sit on the edge of the cliffs with my brothers friend Chris...who was just like my brother growing up. I was probably only 10...I have always wondered if my mom knew that we were sitting on the edge or if she thought we had just wandered off like usual.


The watering trough for the horses not our bathing spot...I always thought my mom was crazy because she would bath in the creek...I would rather be all dirty than bath in a freezing creek. Which is strange that I thought that way because we played in the creek enough that we never had to worry about being too dirty anyway.


The outhouse. My dad painted it diarrhea green on purpose... I hated when you needed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. It used to be so overgrown with ferns and who knows what could have been out there waiting to get you...

The waterfall that you could never get the courage to slide down...luckily there was a trail on the side we would go down and play in the water at the bottom.


If only I could add all the memories from this one little spot... Some of the things I miss the most are the smells and the sounds. Like the rain on the tin roof during a thunder storm. One summer we had to stay a couple extra days because it had rained so much and it was too muddy to get out.

1 comment:

Powell Family said...

That sure looks fun!